With all the cooker options available buyers find it confusing. They cannot decide on which option to choose. Let’s look at every cooker type in detail.
- A combination of a hob and oven, which allows to fry eggs and grill bacon, simultaneously.
- Freestanding cookers can be incorporated in the kitchen surfaces to obtain a seamless appearance.
- You can get models with different widths including 60cm, 55cm, and 50cm.
- A real wow factor for large kitchen.
- Significantly wider than freestanding cookers. Available with width 90cm, 100cm and 110cm.
- Common arrangement includes one grill, two ovens, and one warming drawer. Moreover, the hob has 5 to 8 burners.
- Ideal option for home owners hosting parties or a home where food is cooked for large family because range cookers allow multi-tasking.
Table top cookers
- Table top model looks just like a large microwave. Its width is around 50cm and can sit conveniently on kitchen counter.
- It has a single shelf but capacity is similar to full size appliance. A whole chicken be roasted or you can use it as backup to your main cooker during large parties or get together.
Choose the fuel
Gas or electric
Gas efficiently and quickly provides heat to the hob. You can control flame accurately. In over, gas offers uneven temperatures. Alternatively, electric cuisinieres [cookers] give consistent temperature within the oven equipped with a fan. Electric hobs cook slowly but induction hobs are more useful.
Several cookers include twin cavity, while a few have single cavity. Large single oven is equipped with drawer beneath to hold grill pan or extra shelves.
For flexibility, you can go for double oven cookers [two ovens] having grill on top oven. You can even choose twin cavity model with one oven and separate grill.
Types of Hobs
In cookers there are four main kinds of hobs.
Gas burners are supported with cast or enamel iron pan. They offer good speed and control but are hard to be kept clean.
It displays a stylish, sleek ceramic glass surface. It operates on electricity and id slower than gas but are easy to wipe and aesthetically pleasing.
Conventional electric hob
These hobs include electric coil filaments, which are raised above the cooker’s main surface. These are very cheap but very slow, ineffective and hard to be kept clean.
Induction hobs are very efficient and produce little waste because pan bottom gets heated directly. These are expensive models and need steel or iron cookware for cooking.