Gold is a metal worth flaunting, and if you are not fond of heavy rings and earrings, a gold chain is the apt choice for daily wear. Gold chains are minimalistic at best, and you can try a bunch of designs and styles. Add a small diamond pendant or a simple band in the chain, and you have something fancy for an evening party. The best part of buying chains is you can choose one that fits your budget. There are many online stores that allow buyers to design gold chain using a few basic filters, and that’s a handy option, because you can select the style first and then decide on the length and thickness of the chain. In this post, we bring a few simple tips for buying a gold chain.
- Start with your budget. What’s the price you are willing to pay? Gold rate keeps changing, so keep an eye on the market, so that you can identify the right times to invest in jewellery. Secondly, consider the final budget, which allows you to take a call on most of the other aspects listed below.
- Consider gold purity. Most people consider buying gold with the dual intention of considering it as an investment. If you are one of them, it is wise to go for at least 18k gold at the very least. Ideally, 22k gold chains are the best with regards to investment, but you can settle for anything that’s not lower than 18k. In case purity is not a concern, 14k gold jewellery is not a bad choice either.
- Check the linking design. This largely determines if your chain will be prone to breaking. You don’t want to go for a link design that’s too cumbersome or complicated, especially if you are buying one for daily use.
- Go online. As mentioned at the start, there are many advantages of buying gold chains online. Firstly, the making charges are considerably lower with some of the online sellers, and you can also choose between a bunch of designs and styles.
- Don’t forget the clasp. You don’t want to ignore the clasp of the chain, which ensures that the chain is tightly secured. The styles can vary, but you can go for something like the sign of infinity that’s more durable and doesn’t really break quickly.
Check online now and shortlist a few gold chain designs now.